First of all, Happy Mothers Day to all UK mothers! We hope you are spending a great day with your daughters and sons. This Sunday we propose you a recipe from the Blog Dine & Dish, that we have recently discover and we love it. The creator, Kristen Doyle, talks daily about recipes, family, photography and fun. We have selected this banana pancakes recipe because we can never say no to pancakes. Hope you like it.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 large, ripe banana, mashed
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, mashed bananas and orange zest.
3. Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until a moist batter forms (batter will be slightly lumpy).
4. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan to make 3 pancakes.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned
7. Flip and cook for another minute until pancake is golden brown. Remove from skillet and serve warm with butter and maple syrup.